Thursday 28 June 2018

An apple for teacher

Stampin'Up! project





School leaving card using new "picked for you" stamp set. and the new in colour "poppy Parade"
5 x 7 base card.

I embossed whisper white mat using a 3D spellbinders embossing folder. i've used for many steampunk designs, and I felt that keeping it simple and uncoloured would be the perfect backdrop for my apple.

The apple is a 3 step stamp, and for this I found the new Stampin up stamperatus ideal as I could set up all 3 stamps plus the stalk on the 2 windows, using both sides.

The colours I used were the new in colour "Poppy parade", "Real red" and "Cherry cobbler". The leaves was from the lovely harvest stamp set another 2 step watercolour style stamp set. With its own punch to cut the leaves. Garden green and Emerald Envy were the colour choices.

The branch was die cut using the branch from stampin ups "Colorful seasons set" using stampin ups wood papers. which I also used as a mat for the embossed whisper white.

Finally sentiments.
I found "helping me grow" had a wonderful sentiment that I had to incorporate, along with again sentiments from the new "Picked for you". I think this new stamp set is perfectly timed for school leavers, but I can see use all year round, harvest, etc.

To finish off, I gave the apple a little dimension with a juicy dew drop using "Nuvo clear", by Tonic studios, and brought it to life with a generous coating of "wink of stella". the latter can be purchased from stampin up.

So to recap, this has used the most stampin'up items of all my projects to date. I certainly recommend the new in colours, these are free if you become a demonstrator this month. Or you can ge them from the new catalogue
If you want further details of stampin' up! products, see link below.
if you want help to make this card, contact me.
if you want to purchase this card, sorry but its for my son school leaving

http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/craftinginthecabin/products

No comments:

Post a Comment